Firstly, a big shout out to one particular Lunatic, whose blog, Thoughts of a Lunatic, I was fortunate enough to come across after she was Freshly Pressed. Her blog is thoughtful, personal, funny and importantly to me, honest – about the thoughts that actually swirl around in that space inside our skull. I feel almost like blog twins, being the same age, weird, vivid dreamers and geniuses – Einstein, The Lunatic and myself being the first three names that must come to anyone’s mind when asked to think of a genius. It therefore makes perfect sense that The Lunatic has nominated me for the One Lovely Blog award. But seriously, I am flattered after only having been blogging for a wee while.
1. Thank the person who nominated you.
2. Add The One Lovely Blog Award.
3. Share 7 things about yourself.
4. Pass the award on to 15 nominees.
5. Include this set of rules.
6. Inform your nominees by posting a comment on their blogs.
My 7 things (apart from being a weird insane genius):
1. An old spinster rabbit lady in the making, I have two pet rabbits, Bonnie and Simba; Simba likes to hump Bonnie and Bonnie likes to charge and attack my sisters.
2. If you continue to read my posts, you will see that freezing toilet paper is just one of the many great ideas I have come up with in my lifetime.
3. In January 2012, I fell in love with a pistachio macaron from Laduree in Paris.
4. I like to dance around my bedroom in my fur pimp coat to Lust for Life, by Iggy Pop. Fur pimp coat kindly donated by McCool.
5. I had a near death experience, choking on a 4AM hot chip in Oporto on Oxford St, Sydney. Luckily, McBestie, in the way that she does, took control of the situation and saved my life. I was too drunk for my life to flash in front of me, so now I avoid hot chips when I make a cheeky pit stop on the way home early on Sunday mornings.
6. I really do think my black boots make me cool.
7. I once made McCool touch the stove top after I had turned it on to find out why my Mum said never to touch it. It was electric, so when McCool touched it the element was still only warm. Thinking it was therefore safe to touch, I did the same – it was hot by that point. Serves me right.
1. paris (im)perfect: I started reading this blog because I am obsessed with Paris and continued reading because I always find the posts interesting and easy to read. Be warned though, it can bring out the jealous in you.
2. A Confederacy of Spinsters: Hilarious and girly blog. Check out the recent post on beards for a great perve fest, but stay and read all the words around those images of beautiful men to be entertained.
3. Writing The Girl: beautiful writing. I wish I could write like that.
4. Do Not Get Sick in the Sink, Please: Don’t worry, it was the bath.
5. The Life and Times of Nathan Badley: entertaining, informative and moving: “Germy Medals. Gold, silver or bronze. Ew! Don’t bite the medal! Sick! WE NEED MOUTH WASH! STAT!” The only way this blog could be improved is if he wrote more about rabbits. Then it would be perfect.
6. Hyperbole and a Half: Although there hasn’t been a post in a while, this was one of the first blogs a few years ago that I started reading, and continued to read. It is hilarious and I really hope the blogger is doing ok and is planning on making me laugh out loud again soon.
7. Our Daily Dress: a really sweet blog. Katie is going one whole year without buying any new clothes in order to help send two girls to school in Sierra Leone. I appreciate the outfit photos as well because, apart from my black boots, I am pretty clueless when it comes to looking good.
8. The Good Greatsby: The header captivated me first. Yes, I can be that superficial sometimes. A great blog that combines intelligent or thought provoking topics with humour; and another blogger that knows what it’s like to have people falling in love with you left right and centre. I also feel that the fact this blog has been nominated, will come as no surprise to the Paul.
9. Reheated Coffee: Any aspiring spinster rabbit lady is going to love reading the blog of an aspiring cat lady, especially one who put coffee in the title of their blog. Read this blog if you also appreciate humour and honesty.
10. Snobbery: Self-confessed snob, who loves books. I needn’t say more.
11. Little Grey Box: The only bad thing about this blog is that one of the posts is called ‘Fight or Flight’, and therefore, I need to change the name of a post I started writing.
12. Sidewalk snacks and miscellaneous findings: Having only TODAY stumbled upon this blog, I am hooked already – turns out social retards are great story tellers! Also impressed to see the words ‘anal masturbation’ used in an ‘About Me’ blurb.
13. A Philosopher’s Take: clearly any insane genius is going to love an intellectual blog about philosophy. I love reading anything that provokes thought and teaches me something [yes, even I do not know everything] , so recommend this blog for those reasons.
14. Word Salad: I appreciate talent, and do believe this kid has it.
15. Thoughts of a Lunatic: I’m probably not supposed to nominate the person who nominated me, but I feel cold inside if I don’t include this blog on this list.